Keeping them Safe - Talking Safety
The first step to creating a safe work environment at your job site is to keep the lines of communication open.
If you're a large organization with a Joint Health and Safety Committee, a smaller company with a health and safety representative, or even if your first and last line of defence lies with your company's supervisors – it is vital that your young workers (or any workers, for that matter) have a place to report and discuss safety concerns.
Make sure all your workers:
- Know with whom they can discuss health and safety issues.
- Feel comfortable bringing their concerns and ideas to their health and safety contact.
- Understand that their concerns are taken seriously.
- Are included in the process your workplace uses to resolve any health and safety issues.
- Are not discriminated against for raising a health and safety issue or enforcing their rights under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Understand any new processes that are put into place as a result of a health and safety issue.
< Go Back to No Mercy Front Page