Protecting Yourself - Your Responsibilities
Staying safe at work isn't always as easy as it sounds. Unfortunately, not every place is safe, and it's not something that you can take for granted.
As a key player in this game, you've got responsibilities.
All New Brunswick workers, regardless of age, industry or occupation, are responsible for:
- Following the safety rules and regulations.
- Asking for the training they need.
- Asking questions if they have them.
- Reporting all injuries, near misses and workplace hazards.
- Reporting unsafe working conditions.
- Wearing the proper protective equipment.
- Doing the job safely.
- Watching out for their own well-being, and that of others.
- Co-operating with the Joint Health and Safety Committee or Safety Representative at the workplace.
- Co-operating with WorkSafeNB and Health and Safety Officers.
Even if your job description doesn't include it, you've got to consider safety an important part of your responsibilities at work.
< Go Back to No Mercy Front Page